Breeding Season is the unholy combination of a farming sim and a sex game. Breed a variety of sexy monsters together for sale to adventurous clients. Featuring Catgirls, Dickwolves, Harpies; you name it. Currently in early alpha.
Hey; I'm putting up hotfix 6.6.1 under the Creations section in Patreon in just a minute here: this is a hotfix in the true meaning of the word just meant to rectify the issues with loading old saves. Unfortunately the NPC schedule system does not play nice with saves before 6.6 and requires a little hack to make work, done via debug code (important details below).
There will be an update coming somewhere in the next couple of months which will not allow old saves to transfer due to a few more large structural changes to the game, which I apologize for in advance. I plan to get that save editing guide out before that; sorry it's taking so long, the save files keep changing as we keep developing the fundamental game systems :P.
Other big news: development of the new Breeding Season website is taking a considerable amount of time due to the effort we're putting into the new forums and community features. We really want to make a community that rewards long-time patrons and fans who have gone the extra mile for us, and we have some surprises in store for you all that I hope you'll really enjoy!
That said, we thought we would go ahead and launch the wiki early, as it's a sorely needed supplement to the game and something you guys have been clamoring for, and there's no reason for us to make you all wait any longer.
Official Breeding Season Wiki
The new wiki can be found at wiki.breedingseason.com. We plan to fill it thoroughly with helpful gameplay info and future development plans, as well as a sorely needed FAQ that will hopefully clear up a lot of common questions about the game and its development.
Also; I want to thank community member QuestionableContent for his massive help in getting the wiki set up! He really went the extra mile in helping getting the wiki content established!
Alright, finally, the hotfix:
- Fixed issue where saves from older versions would load a blank screen
- NPC schedules are not retroactively added to old saves, they can be added using the debug code "npcscheduleshack" (this is only really important for Lily so you can do the volunteering quest)
IMPORTANT: do NOT use this code while in the middle of the alchemy quests or it WILL break it, however it is safe to use BEFORE telling Kay you'll help her with Ellenor or AFTER agreeing to Levi's request. I heavily recommend making sure you have either never spoken to Kay about Ellenor, or have gotten past the point of accepting Levi's request in an older version before trying to transfer to 6.6.1.
Fleet- programmer , code maintenance , bug fixing, master of the ocean
Vanilly- artist, main animator, co-designer, concept artist , owl entrepreneur
-Our contract workers are-
Vaha- web developer, site maintenance
Taiikodon- still image/pin up artist
-Regarding project itself-
Breeding Season began on LoK forums on January 8th 2013. The development was slow due to H-bombs personal life and studies getting in the way as well as being a one man team. He was receiving donations at the time to help him maintain his focus, eventually his paypal was frozen and project was put on halt for 4 months.
A year later on February 23rd 2014, Spurple officially joined the team as designer and art lead. After a small negotiation, H-bomb decided to launch the first Patreon page which would go live in March 19th 2014!
Two months into the patreon campaign we’ve amassed around 8000$ per month on our patreon, and have contracted a variety of animators. On August 20th 2014 Fleet officially joins the team as assistant programmer!(hooray!)
Fleet is then responsible for creating many essential parts of code that would speed up and automate the implementation of various parts for animations and ingame mechanics, as well as fixing countless bugs, he is also the father of the fishing system.
Skipping further ahead Vanilly joins the team on December 26th 2014, her first mention on the blog! She will then be responsible for creating and concepting countless animations that are seen in the game today.
Her initiative to shorten the gap between us and the fanbase as volunteer PR manager is what brought you (our beloved fans) the daily streams that the team hosts these past few months! (As well as intensify every other team members workflow)
And so that brings us into year 2015, when we’ve been overhauling my old assets, and with the help of Vanilly andFleet, the art team has been developing and finalizing the newly designed variants for all the monsters , allowing you ( the player) to choose whatever you want to have on your ranch without gender based hindrance!
What is in store for 2016 now that 2015 is coming to a close? Well that’s for you all to wait and find out!
Now then to some common questions-
“You’ve said the designs were done, why aren’t they in the game?”
A lot of time and work goes into taking a still image , cutting it up, adding variants, putting it together, animating it, adding color and skin variations - its a lengthy process that takes quite a while, saying that design is done is about 40% of the overall work done.
These are numbers for a single complete variant’s idle:
6 Face Variations
6 Hair Variations
4 Skin Colors
12 Color Palettes
3 Various monster icons for UI
5/10 Pen Silhouettes
1 Consumable interface icon
1 part assembly
Fixing parts to ensure they don't break after testing the assembly
2 animation loops
“Why aren’t you putting out animations faster?”
At the moment we’re focusing on closing the gaps in the designs for all the monsters before we tackle their animations, as for the process, the average speed at which our art department can produce a quality animation is 2 per 8 days. An idle animation takes less of course but fixing it adds another two or three days depending on complexity of error. Not to mention if something breaks when implemented in the game.
“Why aren’t you hiring more people?”
Despite the numbers shown on Patreon, we are not exactly swimming in money. Its true that our income is still quite respectable , after tax reduction, fraudulent payments, declined credit cards and what have you, we’re left with way less than what the ridiculous numbers people calculate .
With that said, we are already planning on our team’s expansion in january , we’re trying to pick the best possible options for our team’s additions in order to maintain the quality of animations without having to have every new addition re-adjust to our process of work.
Thank you for reporting the bugs! We're getting a patch out as soon as possible!
If anyone has any questions or would like to inquire more about other inner machinations of the project they’re free to comment below~!
- Added Preferences: monsters can now have preferences that give them more happiness when bred with certain monsters, and can develop new preferences over time (unfortunately, happiness events still waiting to be implemented)
- NPCs now appear in the environments and follow schedules so you can talk to them on certain days (much of this is placeholder right now, may look/feel a little wonky)
- Added new consumable effects for the Mandrake and Swine
- Added Stallion and Seraph skin and color variations
- Made some alterations to the Save Menu and Ranch Addon Menu, should be more intuitive/easier to use, and you can now delete saves
Bug Fixes / Balance
- Fixed issues with unfulfillable melf and felf requests being generated
- Updated elf and cockatiel skin variations
- Fixed swine ears to correlate properly with their heads
- Changed how enabling/disabling fetish traits like futa and neoteny works; now you can activate it/deactivate it and already existing monster will switch their animations when you do
- Auto-harvester no longer harvests frenzied monsters, and gives a small happiness loss
- Some small graphical UI updates
- Monster descriptions, consumable effects, and game mechanics are unfinished/unimplemented on a number of new monsters
- Some animations have been disabled or are glitchy due to the new overhauls and colors
- Due to the on-going overhaul of the color system, colors are incorrect in a number of pens and animations
- There's been a slight increase in lag from the new color/animation system, which we still need to optimize