Sorry for the lessened communication this month: scheduling and workload made it difficult for us to keep up with blog updates. We'll try to have more consistent blog updates next month.
Mostly this month was heavily dedicated to the UI overhaul which has been quite a task. The vast majority of the game takes place in the breeding menu, so we tried to focus on getting it right. Unfortunately, the new tabs and sorting system are not in place yet, but those should come soon. Also, we delayed the inclusion of the ranch assistant system, as much of the UI we'll use for that will be based on UI we develop for the breeding menu, etc. I'm pretty pleased with how the breeding menu is turning out, but I'm eager to see feedback on it.
Also, the writing for this month's new Kay event comes from Gats! (with some hackish editing from yours truly :P)
7.5 Patch Notes
- New Kay Event, complete with animation! Explore the beach when you have adequate affection with her to trigger the event. If you have more affection, you'll get a better sex scene!
- New Breeding animations: Dire Titwolf x Fbreeder, Titpup x Fbreeder
- Brand new Breeding and Item Menus: these were significant overhauls that are still in progress, so some functionality is not yet implemented/expect some bugs/poor optimization. Also, give us feedback on how you like these new menus!
Bug Fixes / Balance
- Did some optimization with how colors are applied to monsters, hopefully this means animations should load faster, but it may have introduced some color issues to some animations
- Minor bug fixes
- May be some bugs/lost functionality in the breeding and inventory menus due to the overhauls; we plan to hotfix these over time
- Removed the Aitako event (Kay's event is replacing it), also, the sponge Kay gives you currently looks the same as the pink pearl; this will change in the future
- There may be some weird game behavior when monsters with disabled traits are obtained
- Some animations are glitchy due to design changes and colors
- Colors/variations are incorrect in a number of pens and animations
Expect the public release sometime this week.