Sorry for the long delay in getting these patch notes up. If you've been checking in the Creations section on Patreon you'll have seen that 6.5 has been available to patrons for the last couple of days.
This ended up being a pretty huge/ambitious update, and though not nearly all of the new monsters and monster variants we've been working on are ready yet, they should all be ready within one or two more updates. Swine narrowly missed this update, and most of the new monsters are not fully implemented game mechanics-wise or event-wise yet, but I'm still pretty dang impressed with how much we managed to cram into this update (Fleet, S-Purple, and Vanilly have been working their asses off to make this happen), and I hope to have all the bugs picked out and everything in a good state of polish by the end of the month. This update you get Seraphs, Mandrakes, Fluffdragons, Catguys, Titwolves, Tauruses, and reworked Dickwolves, Catgirls, and Holstauruses. I really think these new monsters/idles are some of S and Vanilly's best work yet.
Unfortunately there are no new sex animations this update and due to reworks a few existing animations may be bugged or have been removed in order to be updated and added back in. Don't worry, though: once our current push to finish monster variants and finalize all of the existing monsters is complete the art team will be able to focus heavily on pumping out sex animations.
Thanks so much for your support, guys, Breeding Season has come a massive way from where it started and it's all because of you!
6.5 Patch Notes
- New Patron-requested monster types have been added! Currently their individual mechanics/consumables and associated quests are not yet implemented.
- Seraphs are updated and available in-game, and can be obtained by buying a Seraph Cage building upgrade for the Harpy Aviary (currently doesn't require completing Marchioness quest for testing purposes)
- Mandrakes are available in-game, and can be obtained by purchasing a Mandrake Hydroponicum from Levi
- Fluffdragons can be obtained by using the debug code "addmontype.Fluffdragon" (no quotes), after which they will be purchasable in the store following a restock and will share the Dickwolf pens
- New trait: Genderbent, monsters born with the Genderbent trait have a rare gender for their species
- New Genderbent monsters, with idles: Catguys (Genderbent Catgirls), Titwolves (Genderbent Dickwolves), and Tauruses (Genderbent Holstauruses), with more to come later
- Big art updates on existing monsters: Dickwolves have received a huge overhaul, Holstauruses and Catgirls have been given more minor visual updates/cleaned up
- Additions have been made to the fishing system in order to introduce a bit more challenge (UI is placeholder)
- New coloration system with significantly improved quality for the various monster color palettes (not all monsters and animations have been updated for this new system and so there may be inconsistencies)
- Player stats now have more gameplay effects: Breeder's STA increases the amount of energy he/she generates each day, in the future other stats will also be given such effects
Bug Fixes / Balance
- Fixed a bug where you could make consumables with over level 10 quality through alchemy
- Fixed the bug that would break the item menu when you had an over level 10 quality item
- Fixed issues with the feeding trough in the elf pens
- Monster descriptions, consumable effects, and game mechanics are unfinished/unimplemented on a number of new monsters
- Some animations have been disabled or are glitchy due to the new overhauls
- Due to the on-going overhaul of the color system, colors are incorrect in a number of pens and animations
- There's been a slight increase in lag from the new color/animation system, which will be getting an optimization pass soon
I plan on updating the public release tonight as well.
Oh, and lastly: you guys may remember a long time ago that Jake Kaufman (composer for Shovel Knight, Shantae, and Mighty Switch Force, among others) agreed to produce some music for the game. I just heard back from him recently and that's still a go! We're in the process of getting fit into his busy schedule right now, but if all goes well we can look forward to Breeding Season having a fucking rad soundtrack!