Hey; incredibly sorry for not keeping up with updating the blog and patreon with information this month, I really dropped the ball on that and am going to look into possibly bringing on someone to help with it in the future. It's easy to forget sometimes that only a fraction of our fans and patrons watch the streams, and those were inconsistent this month due to intermittent vacation/traveling time from members of our team. I want to make sure we're keeping you all in the loop as much as possible. That said, our streaming schedules will be much more consistent next month, and I'll make sure we're making at least weekly blog updates.
This patch will be a smaller one; the largest focus was on lag optimization and bug fixes, and thankfully we managed to take a big chunk out of the lag. Note: your old save files will not transfer for this version. This should hopefully be the last time for a good few versions that this will be the case (no promises, though).
There's also a few balance changes that will take some playtesting/feedback. Let me know how you feel about the various changes.
On the subject of new breeding animations: You guys have been waiting patiently, and they'll be here soon! Right now the art team is finishing up filling out the Feral variations of the monsters, and then our focus will be heavily towards new breeding animations and filling in the holes.
7.0 Patch Notes
Old save files will not transfer (hopefully the last time for a while)
- Happiness events: there are now a handful of happiness events you can get if your monsters are happy enough (still being balanced, will need feedback on them)
- You can now harvest from the Breeding Menu
- Breeding Menu Sorting: started adding sorting options to the breeding menu, right now the menu will move last partners to the top of the list, and allows you to hide monsters that don't have any remaining hearts or can't be fed, but this will be expanded on considerably in the future (UI placeholder)
- Newborn monsters now have a few days of "summoning sickness" in which they cannot breed or generate hearts (this balance change is potentially temporary, pending feedback)
- A number of the genderbent and neoteny variants have been given unique pen silhouettes
- You can now have more than 6 requests at the same time, and if you do then you'll be able to scroll through them in the requests menu
- You can now scroll in the contacts menu, if you have enough contacts
- Breeding Menu hotkeys have been added/changed: Q will swap the folders, W will harvest, E will open the feeding menu, and R will breed the two selected monsters
Bug Fixes / Balance
- The lag should be massively diminshed; there's some things that will still need optimizing, but you should find it generally far more playable
- The Filly no longer does the creepy blinking thing
- The difficulty of bronze requests now scales slower, and new requests are more frequent
- Kittengirls have mouths!
- Futa genderbent monsters should appear properly in their pens
- There will be issues loading saves from older versions
- Skin and hair colors may be incorrect on some new monsters/variants
- Pen silhouettes for some neoteny monsters are currently incorrect and show up as base monsters instead
- Some animations have been disabled or are glitchy due to the new overhauls and colors
- Due to the overhaul of the color system, colors are incorrect in a number of pens and animations