5.7 patch notes
- Brand new Save system: You can have up to six save files to quick save/load from
- These pages of six save files each can be saved to or loaded from your local computer, so you can ensure that you never lose your saves
- From now on saves will transfer between different versions much more easily
- Save files are now written in JSON and all values in the saves can be edited directly, meaning you can change your save however you'd like (if you can figure out the JSON)
- Map and Inventory screens are half-implemented and do not work correctly yet
- New Traits are partially implemented
- Sometimes when loading from local files the button says "Save", which is weird... (still loads correctly, though)
- A couple catgirl animations are still broken (they'll be replaced with better animations soon)
The 5.6 patch notes can be found here: http://breedingseasongame.blogspot.com/2015/01/alpha-build-56-for-patrons-and-551.html
Now that the Save system is in the last major system that needs to get finished up are the Items/Harvesting; and then implementation of the new content can commence. There'll definitely be two updates for February; one sooner rather than later that will return a lot of the missing locations/events from earlier versions to the game and have some of the new animations.
EDIT: To clarify some confusion: you click on the empty save file boxes in order to save. The "Load" and "Save" buttons on the page are for importing and exporting saves. I'll fix it to be more intuitive.
EDIT2: Re-uploaded fixed version of 5.7, if you downloaded it before attempt re-downloading it, the save system should work correctly now.