Unfortunately, there's more bad news in that the game update isn't coming tonight either. Sorry to keep stringing you guys along :(. I uncovered some big changes I'm going to have to make before things will play together nicely. I'm going to push the update back all the way to this Sunday just because I don't want to set another deadline I can't keep. Also, I will declare the winner of this week's voting tonight at midnight PST.
My priorities for the next month (not including the donation features) are going to be:
1. Bug fixes and game balance - As always
2. Redo of the breeding menu - It's kind of awful as-is
3. Storyline - Implementing exploration, branching dialog trees, and faction reputation
4. Butts - 'Nuff said
Another thing I'm going to try to start doing is adding sketches/more information about the various donation features so you guys get a much better idea of what you're voting for.
These are very rough sketches that don't necessarily represent what the final product will look like, but they should give you a better idea of what I'm going for. Here's some examples:
Alarune - In this case, this is actually the unfinished art for the alarune already in the game
Neoteny - Here's an example of what a Kitten Girl would look like
Thank you so much for the donations guys! You've all been extremely generous. It's not an exaggeration to say that I've only been able to keep up with the game due to your support, and you're a huge part of what's keeping this project moving instead of dying.
In fact, I'd like to pick up the pace of the updates but I'm having difficulties doing so due to a serious art bottleneck. The intermittent problems I've been having with my tablet haven't been helping much either. As a result, I'm looking for help from any artist who's willing to contribute. I'm looking for people who can do any of the following:
1. Landscape and environment - Many of you may have noticed that the town looks awful :P. Landscape art is one of the biggest bottlenecks to the exploration system and further expansion of the game, as I'm not very good at it and it takes me a long time. Anyone who can make good environmental art would be a massive help to me, and if you're not used to working in vector formats don't fear: I can handle converting art from other formats or styles.
2. Animation - Anyone who has a good handle on flash animation can very easily help me out by making more sex animations for the various pairings. I can supply you with all my sprites and all you'll have to worry about is tweening, etc.
3. Character portraits - I'm looking for people who are willing to make dialog portraits for various NPCs and the like. I'll be giving you some basic descriptions and you can pretty much go wild with drawing them how you like, though ideally with some resemblance to my style just so that the art is cohesive.
As far as compensation goes, I can offer anyone who contributes art more control in the direction of the game (possibly in the form of "donation vouchers" you can use on the voting page), and for individuals who are willing to contribute a very significant amount I can offer you a cut of the donations each month.
If you're interested in contributing art to the game, please e-mail me at HartistaPipebomb@gmail.com with some samples of your work. Please state clearly in the subject line that it's about "Breeding Season Art Help". Unfortunately, I get a lot of spam and it might get filtered out or I might miss it, if I don't get back to you right away don't hesitate to bug me on the Legend of Krystal forums or in the comments section of this blog.
A lot of people have offered to help with programming or game design. I appreciate the offers but unfortunately I don't currently have much work I need done of that nature. Feel free to continue offering suggestions concerning programming and game design in the blog comments and on the Legend of Krystal forums, though, as these continue to be a huge help to me.
Also, donors or potential donors should never hesitate to contact me through e-mail at HartistaPipebomb@gmail.com or through private messages on the Legend of Krystal forums with questions or suggestions. If you're sending me an e-mail, though, please make sure that it states clearly that you are a donor in the subject line, as this makes it easier for me to spot and reply to.